GMP-ready upstream processes
We offer a comprehensive set of process development services to deliver GMP-ready upstream processes:
- Cell line development.
- Cell line adaptation (e.g. to serum-free or suspension culture).
- Generation of cell banks (RCB & MCB).
- Media & feed development and optimisation
- Development of batch, fed-batch or perfusion processes.
- Identification of critical process parameters.
- Optimisation of existing processes.
- Support for transfer to manufacturing.
Cell line development is performed through partnerships with technology companies. Depending on your requirements and constraints, we select IP-free or proprietary technologies to develop high-expressing cell lines.
To develop the best upstream process for your project, we first study cellular behaviour in different growth conditions to select the clones with the most appropriate growth characteristics. We then focus on developing and optimizing culture conditions with media and feeding strategies. The process will be transferred to a bioreactor to define the settings and process range and perform consistency runs for process confirmation.
State-of-the art equipment to fit your project
Our cell culture facilities include high-quality equipment for every development stage, from small to pilot scale:
- Screening experiments: spinner, shake flasks, roller bottles.
- Process development bioreactors: 3 to 10L.
- Pilot bioreactors: 10L to 100L.