Our experienced team will deliver a robust, efficient and scalable upstream process, ready to transfer
We offer a comprehensive set of process development services to deliver GMP-ready upstream processes:
- Cell line development.
- Cell line adaptation (e.g. to serum-free or suspension culture).
- Generation of cell banks (RCB & MCB).
- Media & feed development and optimisation
- Development of batch, fed-batch or perfusion processes.
- Identification of critical process parameters.
- Optimisation of existing processes.
- Support for transfer to manufacturing.
Cell line development is performed through partnerships with technology companies. Depending on your requirements and constraints, we will choose between IP-free or proprietary technologies to develop high-expressing cell lines.
We will start an upstream programme by studying the cellular behaviour in different growth conditions to select clones with appropriate growth characteristics. We will then work on the development and optimisation of the culture conditions with media and feeding strategies. Next, the process will be transferred to a bioreactor to define the settings and process range and perform consistency runs for process confirmation.
Our cell culture facilities host the appropriate equipment for each development stage, from small to pilot scale:
- Screening experiments: spinner, shake flasks, roller bottles.
- Process development bioreactors: 3 to 10L.
- Pilot bioreactors: 10L to 100L.